Find out more and expand your fishing knowledge. If you can't find the term/answer you're looking for, you could try:

- searching leading fishing titles such as Angler's Mail and Match Fishing
- using the form to the right to ask us your question.

  Your Guide to all those unknown fishing terms:
If you were to fish the 'margins', you would fish close to the inside edge of the lake, i.e. in the area directly in front of you. Margin poles are an example of a product that's specifically designed for this type of fishing.
On the Drop
A term used when fish are taking the bait as it drops down through the water at approx 2-5ft depth. It means you should set your rig with spaced light shot so that it drops the bait down slowly and not with heavy shot down the line.
Not sure what a fishing term means. Then send in you questions and we will try to help.

Email Address:
Question: *